The Upper Allen Police Department maintains a policy to ensure compliance with the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law Act 3 of 2008. Our policy is detailed below.
The purpose of this policy is to provide members with guidelines when the Department receives a request to release documents pursuant to the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law.
It is the policy of the Department to comply with the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law Act 3 of 2008.
A. Public records requests shall be made to the Upper Allen Township Police Department, Monday through Friday (other than recognized Holidays) from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or by mail.
- There shall be no limitation on the number of public records which may be requested or made available for inspection or duplication.
- There shall be no requirement to disclose the purpose or motive in requesting access to records which are considered public.
- All requests should be made on the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records Standard Right to Know Request Form or its equivalent.
B. All requests for public records under the Right to Know Law shall be forwarded to the Chief of Police.
C. Under the Right to Know Law there are exemptions for public records listed in § 708.
D. To obtain information maintained by the Upper Allen Township Police Department under the Right to Know Law, the person seeking the request shall abide by the Right to Know Law Act 3 of 2008.
E. Fees associated with Act 3 of 2008 shall be regulated by § 1307.
F. Regulations and Policies of the Department shall be adhered to under § 504.
- Chief of Police James Adams is the open-records officer.
- PA Office of Open Records can be reached at: (717) 346-9903 or online at email@example.com.
- Forms supplied by the PA Office of Open Records are an approved form for Right to Know request.