We, the men and women of the Upper Allen Township Police Department, have chosen to dedicate ourselves to a career in public service. In doing so, we have taken upon ourselves many awesome responsibilities and occasional hardships. In return, we reap the satisfaction of truly making a difference in the quality of life for those we serve.
As members of the of the Upper Allen Township Police Department we value:
- Honesty and Integrity. Expect the members of the Department to have strength of character; conduct ourselves in an exemplary manner and carry out their duties guided by high moral and ethical standards.
- Responsibility and Accountability. Are responsible for our actions and we strive at all times to ensure our behavior earns the support and trust of those we serve.
- Teamwork and Inspired Leadership. Do not accept mediocrity. We use innovation and creativity to address the issues in our community. We realize that each member of our team is also an individual who brings with them unique strengths and experiences that can contribute to our collective success. We encourage the participation of each member to solve issues and expect their commitment to make a positive contribution to our Department and community.
- Personal and Professional Development. Encourage personal development through continued training and involvement in professional organizations dedicated to enhancing the law enforcement experience. We are committed to providing quality recruitment, education and professional training for our Department members.
- Reverence for all Laws. Our society is founded upon the principle of the rule of law. No individual is above the law and no individual is below the law, nor do we ask anyone permission when we require them to obey the law. We recognize the need to support and enforce the law without malice or prejudice. We obey the letter and support the spirit of the laws we are sworn to enforce.
- Sense of Community. Encourage and appreciate participation by our citizens addressing the issues that affect the community. We always strive to be open and understanding when addressing their interests or concerns. We view ourselves as partners with our community, with the common goal of improving the quality of life in Upper Allen Township.
- Diversity. Treat the members of the community and members of our Department with respect and strive at all time to be objective and impartial. We respect the civil and human rights of all. We do not act selectively towards groups or individuals based on race, ethnicity, sex, age, sexual orientation, or belief system.
We value our place in the community and the one goal we share with our citizens is to make Upper Allen Township a safe and enjoyable place to live, work and play.