Testing for the position of Police Officer is:
Upper Allen Police hiring is done under Township civil service guidelines. Basic Qualifications for Upper Allen Township Hiring:
- Between 18 and 40 years of age, inclusive.
- Weight: Proportionate to height
- Vision: Uncorrected eyesight meeting the requirements of the Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission, correctable to 20/20.
- Height: No restrictions
- Health: Free from any bodily or mental defects that, in the opinion of a doctor of medicine or osteopathy appointed by the Commission, might incapacitate the applicant from the discharge of the essential duties of an officer.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Citizenship: Citizen of the United States of America
- Character: Good moral character
- Other: Must meet all requirements of the Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission. Visit http://www.mpoetc.state.pa.us for requirements.
- Visible tattoos are prohibited when wearing the summer uniform.
- Use of any tobacco products is prohibited while working.
Veteran’s preference is extended to those who request and are entitled to it.