Door to Door Sales Require a Township Permit

July 23, 2010

The Police Department has recently received several complaints concerning magazine sales, meat sales and home improvement solicitations in the Township. As a reminder, Upper Allen Township requires any person soliciting sales be licensed by the Township to do so. Approved Solicitors are then issued a Permit which they must carry and present when asked.

Transient Retail Permit

The best way residents can insure that a salesperson is legitimate is to ask to see their Township issued permit. If the person cannot present a permit it is recommended that you terminate the contact and contact the Upper Allen Police at 717-795-2445 (Business Hours) or 717-238-9676 (Weekends and Non-Business Hours).

A permit is not required when goods or services are not being sold.